Are You Looking to Create Work Life Balance?
Is life too hectic? Are you running all the time? Does it seem like the scale between work and life is tipped in favor of work? Then it’s time for you to change that and get time on your side. Here are some tips to help you find balance.
- Do not overbook yourself – This may seem foreign to anyone who tries to fill every nook and cranny of their day with as much as possible every single workday. Don’t attempt to book too many things in your day. When you overbook it takes one appointment or event to fall behind schedule to ruin the rest of your day and have you playing catch-up.
- Only half of what you plan will happen – Assume 50 percent of what you plan to do in a day will get done and don’t waste your time trying to find out why the other 50 percent didn’t happen.
- Be ruthless with your prioritizing – If you want to book your time effectively know what’s important and what can wait. You need to be ruthless in your prioritizing. Learn to ask the right questions because this will help you to determine how to prioritize the task at hand.
- You must be able to say no – This is one of the most difficult things for many of us, yet it is critical to time management. You have to learn to say no and you need to recognize that someone else’s inability to plan does not mean that you have an emergency to get something done. If you can’t have it to a person by a certain day – say no you can’t meet that deadline.
- Organize the elements of your day – The more you organize the smoother your workflow will be for a number of reasons. Not only will you be able to find what you need quickly and easily so will others and that means less interruptions for you.
It’s important to create work life balance in your life – this leads to a healthier work and personal life.